Spark R&D Summit Skins are made for real backcountry touring which means you can navigate not just pristine skin tracks but blaze your own trail up powder, packed snow or semi icy places. They’re built to be durable and to keep gripping and gliding their way through anything the skin track brings. You will see it all- deep pow, steep ice, spring slush, extreme cold, dirt, rocks, and roots. You will need these.
Summit Skins feature the newly designed tip and tail clips. These clips work with the ever-changing variety of board shapes on the market. Dual angled hooks accommodate pointy to blunt profiles and everything in between. Extended slots in the tailclip offer boundless adjustability for the perfect combination of position, angle, and tail stretcher tension with your board.
- Tailclips: Dual angled hooks can accommodate the ever-changing variety of board shapes on the market. Blunt and Square shapes use the outer hook, while standard and swallowtails use the inner hook. Extended slots in the tailclip offer boundless adjustability for the perfect combination of position, angle, and tail stretcher tension with your board.
- Tail Stretcher: Injection molded in-house using a Pebax® thermoplastic material that is tear-resistant and stays flexible even in freezing temperatures. The built-in texture grips the tailclip to keep it firmly positioned with no slippage, and also makes it easy to grab with gloves on.
- Industry Leading Material: Full nylon material provides the perfect blend of grip and glide.
- Crazy Good Glue: Long-lasting glue is laid down in multiple stripes to be sticky on your board, but not too sticky to pull apart.
- Storage: Includes storage bag and trim tool.
Weight: 0.72lb/ea (328g) – 1.45lb/pr (657g) – Medium
What Else Do I Need? A set of Black Diamond Compactor Poles and Crampons to help you when in touring mode and climbing the steeps. Remember, the backcountry wilderness is unforgiving. There are all types of hazards that you need to be prepared for. Having good gear like this only goes so far. You will need a solid plan to avert a crisis. Preparation and experience will help you avoid potential injury and or even death. Study up on the risks!